Rianna kicks, hits, and pinches. Jordan sits in the corner with his arms crossed over his chest and his cheeks turning red. Then he starts screaming. Both are angry. Very, very angry. Their parents are scared, sad, frustrated, and likely, very angry themselves.
Anger and rage attacks are complex phenomenon and are sometimes associated with ADHD, depression, impulse disorders, addiction, and brain chemistry abnormalities. Homeopathic remedies can have profound affects in transforming emotional patterns and facilitating mental and physical balance and harmony.
For chronic or severe anger issues, it is advisable to work with professional homeopaths and therapists. Learning about homeopathic remedies enables you to participate actively in your own healing. At the same time, you should continue to see your doctor for examinations, advice and treatment.
Homeopathic philosophy recognizes and honors varying instigators and manifestations of anger and homeopathic remedies support children during difficult stages of growth and development.
Choosing a Remedy to Alleviate Anger
Consider the remedies below and determine if one of the descriptions matches your child. No child will have every characteristic listed. These lists provide only a brief overview of the remedy picture and are provided to give you an idea of the breadth of signs and symptoms that are part of choosing a homeopathic remedy. For more information, consult the references at the end of the article.
- Anger at least offense or contradiction.
- Swearing, cruelty, violence.
- Lacks confidence, so tries to prove himself.
- Difficulty making decisions.
- A remedy for reliable individuals who work hard to succeed.
- Anger easily and have outbursts of shouting.
- Worry about school; angry when contradicted.
- Like to stay home.
- Sensitive to injustice. Always saying, “It’s not fair!”
- Fear receiving bad news, i.e., that they’ve made a mistake.
- Agitated, quarrelsome, and upset children.
- Scream, rage, and whine.
- Have changeable moods.
- Often, one cheek is red and the other pale.
- Lack of confidence alternating with arrogance and rage. (See also Super-Easy Homeopathy for Boosting Kids’ Confidence.)
- Let’s anger build, then expresses it with abusive outbursts
- Shun responsibility.
- Irritable children.
- Bothered by noise and external stimuli.
- These children are ambitious, jealous, critical, and argumentative.
- Children who accept authority and hate conflict.
- Sensitive to humiliation, insults, and abuse.
- Suppressed rage and indignation.
No remedy match?
There are many more homeopathic remedies that may be indicated for your child. If you want a complete consultation that will address all aspects of your child’s health and well-being, please contact a professional homeopath.
You can also take these cell salts to help with anger issues.
(Directions for taking cell salts in this linked post.)
- Calc Sulph (angers easily, then feels weak after anger passes)
- Nat Mur (angry and irritable, more in Nat Mur: A Remedy for Almost Everybody)
- Silica (tendency to anger easily)
- Nat Phos (angers at trifles)
Raising self-regulating children is a long endeavor. Children grow and learn when parents allow them to discover their own strengths and abilities by doing things on their own. When we allow ourselves be flexible and change our own ideas and behavior, out children learn and grow.